The Izaak Walton League doesn't take a "doom and gloom" approach to conservation. We work for practical solutions that balance conservation with sustainable use of natural resources.
Want to help find common-sense solutions to today's environmental problems? Join the League as a national member to support our conservation and advocacy work.
Plus you'll receive these benefits:
- Outdoor America magazine: The League's quarterly magazine includes award-winning conservation articles you won't read anywhere else, advocacy updates, and success stories from League members across the country.
- E-news: News you can use each month to defend outdoor America, including Action Alerts on national legislation that affects your community.
- Advocacy: The League is fighting for you – to protect clean water, conserve fish and wildlife habitat across the country, and provide access to places to enjoy outdoor recreation.
- Networking: Tap into a network of League members with a range of conservation and outdoor recreation expertise.
- National Convention: Our members-only annual meeting offers in-person networking as well as the opportunity to hear from world-class experts on environmental issues and be a part of setting the League's conservation priorities.
- Scholarships: Each year, the Izaak Walton League awards one $2,500 scholarship to an undergraduate pursuing a degree in conservation and the environment. This student must be a League member or the child/grandchild of a League member.
- And the knowledge that you are supporting one of America's oldest conservation organizations – the only organization training volunteers to monitor and protect water quality nationwide.
Prefer to join a place-based conservation community? The League's 200+ chapters offer opportunities to enjoy outdoor America – and protect it for the enjoyment of others – in the company of friends, family, and neighbors. Each of our independently-run chapters manages their own membership process. Contact your local chapter for information on how to join.