It may be chilly now, but summer will be here before you know it, along with the age-old refrain: “When are we going to do something fun?!” We have the answer: a week filled with adventure at the 2020 Youth Convention. Here are some of the activities our Maryland hosts have planned.
Sunday, July 19: Beach Luau Party
- Beach Luau Pizza and Ice Cream Party at the resort
- Enjoy the Hyatt amenities, including 3 pools, a water slide, mini golf, beach volleyball, and more
- Relax in the “Crab Pot Youth Lounge,” a special place just for Junior IKES!
Monday, July 20: Life on the Bay
- Participate in a behind-the-scenes tour of University of Maryland’s Horn Point Laboratory
- Learn how oysters help keep the Chesapeake Bay healthy and hear how scientists are working to conserve key Chesapeake Bay species, including the terrapin
- Discover Early American history at the Harriet Tubman Museum
- Visit the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge
Tuesday, July 21: Fun in the Sun
- Beach day at Assateague Island National Seashore
- Play in the Atlantic Ocean, build sandcastles, and hunt for seashells
- Watch for dolphins and wild ponies
- Explore the island ecosystem
- Enjoy a seaside lunch
Wednesday, July 22: On the Water
Want to know more about the Chesapeake Bay? Check out this video from PBS for an aerial tour!
The Youth Convention is open to youth between the ages of 8 to 18. Schedule is subject to change.
You must bring completed copies of these forms with you to Youth Convention:
Questions? Read the League's Youth Convention Protocol