This year’s national convention is two weeks away! Did you register
? Do you have youth coming for Youth Convention
? Did you book your hotel room
? It’s not too late to join your fellow Ikes and dive into this year’s convention. Still on the fence? Here are our top 10 reasons to attend the national convention this year.
10. Keep your backside comfortable during meetings and workshops in the resort’s 10-hour ergonomic chairs.
9. We will be unveiling a new t-shirt that is blue and white. That got your attention, didn’t it?
8. There will be a “wheel of prizes” to keep the energy up and have a little fun between sessions. Top prize: a free night at the Kalahari Resort!
7. There will be not one, not two, but four speakers
at this year’s convention who will leave you inspired and informed.
6. There’s this thing the hotel has called the “largest indoor water park in North America.
” Take a break from the convention and head to the pool or brave one of the colorful water slides.
5. Sample a variety of delicious snacks and pick up mementos from chapter states during the Parade of States event.
4. Multiple hands-on workshops on topics you’ll love, including our Save Our Streams
program, building community partnerships, and communicating about your clean water efforts.
3. July is halfway to Christmas, so you’ll need to pick up a few gifts. We’ll have hats, water bottles, sweatshirts, and more for purchase
2. We will officially kick-off the Clean Water Challenge
, including a trip down memory lane. Who remembers the Water Wagon?
1. And the number one reason to attend this year’s convention is to visit with Ikes from around the country. It’s a perfect time to catch up with friends, talk about what other chapters are doing, and just have a good time.