Conserve Habitat Through the Farm Bill
The League collaborated with several other conservation organizations on a new publication, Conserving Habitat Through the Federal Farm Bill: A Guide for Land Trusts and Landowners (PDF file). This comprehensive and practical guide for farmers, ranchers, land trusts, and other landowners who want to increase wildlife habitat on their land includes
- A concise introduction to the Farm Bill and its conservation programs, the agencies involved, and general eligibility requirements.
- Detailed and accessible information on each of the most relevant conservation programs offered through the 2008 Farm Bill that can be used to improve wildlife habitat conservation.
- Time-saving tips for choosing a program, navigating the application process, and increasing the competitiveness of your application(s).
- Recommendations on how to use the Farm Bill strategically and how to participate in Natural Resource Conservation Service State Technical Committees.
- Case studies provided by farmers, ranchers, landowners, and conservation organizations that illustrate how land managers have leveraged Farm Bill dollars to maximize wildlife and habitat benefits.