IWLA Strategic Plan: A Roadmap for the Future
The Izaak Walton League engaged members across the country in creating anew strategic plan for the organization as a whole. We are pleased to provide you with the final plan, which League delegates approved at the July 2013 national convention. You can download a formatted PDF of the plan (5MG file) or a text-only PDF. (Note: Formatted PDF may take a few minutes to download.)
The mission, vision, and goals of the plan are summarized below.
Mission Statement (the purpose of the organization)
To conserve, restore, and promote the sustainable use and enjoyment of our natural resources, including soil, air, woods, waters, and wildlife.
Vision (how the world will be different when we achieve our mission)
Through the efforts of the League,
• Conservation becomes part of everyday life
• Everyone enjoys sustainable outdoor recreation
• Healthy lands and waters support thriving fish and wildlife populations
1. Connect more young people to conservation and outdoor recreation.
2. Conserve and restore habitat to support healthy, sustainable fish and wildlife populations.
3. Ensure America’s streams, rivers, lakes, and other waters are safe for fishing, swimming, and other uses.
4. Engage more people in sustainable outdoor recreation.
5. Raise the profile of the League as a leading voice for common-sense conservation and sustainable outdoor recreation.
6. Strengthen partnerships among all levels of the League to advance the League’s mission.
To read the approved strategic plan and action steps specific to each goal, please download the full IWLA Strategic Plan (5MG PDF link).
To advance conservation, engage people in outdoor recreation, and ultimately safeguard natural resources for our children and grandchildren, the members and leaders of the Izaak Walton League must meet today’s challenges together. We can succeed by creating strong partnerships among all levels of the League and playing to the strengths of each.
The Izaak Walton League of America has a proud history and a bright future. Working together, the members of the League can defend outdoor America for many generations to come.
Photo credit: iStock photo