South Dakota Farm Bill Forum
Every five years, a massive piece of legislation called the Farm Bill determines how tens of billions of dollars will be spent to shape American agriculture and rural communities. Join the Izaak Walton League of America on Wednesday, May 2nd from 9 am - 3 pm at the Sioux Falls Izaak Walton League Chapter in Sioux Falls, South Dakota to learn how the Farm Bill impacts our soil, air, water and budgets and share your thoughts on South Dakota's Farm Bill priorities.
This event is free and open to the public, and food will be provided. However, an RSVP is required at http://farmbill.eventbrite.com.
9:00 am Welcome & Introductions
9:15 am Conservation in the 2012 Farm Bill: Diverse Perspectives
- Secretary Walt Bones, SD Department of Agriculture
- Denise Gauer,
Natural Resources Conservation
- Jack Majeres, SD Assocation of Conservation Districts
- Brad Redlin, Izaak Walton League of America
- Traci Bruckner, Center for Rural Affairs
12:00 pm Networking Lunch
1:00 pm Producers Panel featuring representatives from:
- South Dakota Corn Growers
- South Dakota Farm Bureau
- South Dakota Farmers Union
- Dakota Rural Action
- South Dakota Grasslands Coalition
3:00 pm Adjourn
The Sioux Falls Chapter of the Izaak Walton League is located at 5000 N Oakview Place, approximately 20 minutes from downtown Sioux Falls.