2014 IWLA National Convention
July 15 to July 19, 2014
Don’t miss the Ike event of the year! Share “what works” with chapters from across the country, hear about current conservation issues, and have a little fun! E-mail Cathy Berger (email@example.com) to request a convention registration packet (available in April).
SITE AND LODGING:
Holiday Inn Buena Park Hotel and Conference Center
7000 Beach Blvd.
Buena Park, CA 90620
The hotel features an outdoor heated pool (complete with pool-side service and available WiFi) and offers FREE parking!
Mark your calendar today and check here for more details in the coming months.
|Tuesday, July 15||Thursday, July 17|
- Executive Board Meeting
|- Membership Awards Breakfast|
- Resolutions Committee Meeting
|- Youth Convention|
- Early Bird Party and Auction
|- Youth Convention Early Bird||- Conservation Luncheon|
- Youth Convention Committee Meeting
|Wednesday, July 16||
Friday, July 18
|- Delegate Orientation||- Midwest Office Breakfast|
|- Convention Opening Ceremony||- Youth Convention|
|- Youth Convention Opens||- Endowment Meeting/Elections|
|- Awards Luncheon||- Convention Site Selection|
|- All Committee Meetings||- Vote on Conservation Resolutions|
- Parade of States
- Convention Reception and Banquet
Bring the kids (ages 8 to 17) to California for three fabulous days of outdoor education and recreation, including
- Tucker Wildlife Sanctuary: Take a tour with local naturalist Joel Robinson to explore this rural canyon’s plants, animals, and geology.
- Upper Newport Bay Preserve: Wander coastal wetlands and sage scrub to learn about wetland conservation.
- Dana Point Ocean Institute: Board the “Sea Explorer” for a first-hand look at marine ecosystems.
- Anaheim Angels Stadium: End the week with a Major League Baseball game!
We're expecting wonderful weather in California, and there's lots to do. So make this a vacation for the whole family! Entertainment for kids and adults nearby includes:
- Knott’s Berry Farm: With dozens of rides, shows and attractions in five themed areas, fun is always in season at Knott’s Berry Farm. Splash down the Timber Mountain Log Ride, and stroll through the Park’s Old West Ghost Town or hang with the Peanuts gang in Camp Snoopy, the land of high sierra fun!
- Flight Deck Air Combat Center: Pilot a fighter jet, engage in air-to-air combat, and perform incredible aerial maneuvers – all from the safety of an authentic military flight simulator. Reservations required. Must be 11 or older.
- Yorba Regional Park: 175 acres of family fun along the Santa Ana River, including model boat sailing, fishing (kids under 16 don’t need a license), paddle boats, bike rentals, and more.
Add To Outlook
Add To Google